The Society welcomes new membership from anyone who has an interest in Korean Studies. Membership is inclusive across a broad range of professions, careers, ages. Members include people from many different countries and cultural backgrounds. All are welcome here.
Benefits of Membership
- The opportunity to support, and be involved in, a learned society concerned to increase knowledge of Korea.
- The opportunity to meet leading scholars in the field of Korean Studies.
- The opportunity to attend, and bring guests, to lectures, colloquia, and cultural events held by the Society through the year.
- Access to the Society’s library and archives.
- Use of the Society’s reading room.
- Receipt of the Society’s annual journal, “Transactions.”
- Discount on books published or distributed by the Society.
- Corporate Patrons have the opportunity to be represented by up to five members at all events held by the Society. Up to five members may receive discounts on books from the Society.
- Corporate Patrons may have their company logo displayed on the Society website.
- Members in good standing with any Royal Asiatic Society branch or affiliate association are welcomed to enjoy Society benefits while they are on short visits to Korea.
- Please find the application form here.
- Download and complete the form, then send by mail, FAX, or scan and email to email@example.com.
- Please note that by submitting the form you are agreeing to RAS Korea storing your details and using them to contact you about your members, news, and events.
- The first payment of subscription is due on application, and then annually from the date of payment (except in the case of Lifetime Membership).
Anyone may join the RAS Korea mailing list by submitting your information here http://eepurl.com/ewBzs.
Note: joining the mailing list is not a membership application.
- Bank transfer: Shinhan Bank, #100-026-383501 (RAS-KB)
- PayPal: Members who do not have a Korean bank account may pay through PayPal https://paypal.me/RASKorea
Current members may use the same methods for their annual subscription payments.
RAS Korea cannot accept checks/cheques. Credit cards can only be accepted in person at the office or an event.
- Individual Membership (based in Korea): W90,000
- Couple Membership (based in Korea): W130,000
- Student Membership (full-time, based in Korea): W30,000
- Overseas Membership (two-years): US$50
- Individual Lifetime Membership: W900,000
- Couple Lifetime Membership: W1,300,000
- Corporate Patronage: W400,000
Conditions: Prices and availability are subject to annual review by the RAS Korea Council. All benefits of membership remain subject to change without notice.