Today RAS Korea has several hundred members in Korea as well as many overseas members and friends. Membership is inclusive across a great variety of professions and jobs, a wide age range, and representing many countries, with both non-Koreans and Koreans welcome.
Benefits of membership include:
- free admission to lectures
- discounts on RAS Korea excursions and books
- a free copy of the annual journal Transactions
- access to the annual Garden Party
Price for various types of membership:
- Individual 1-year: 90,000 won
- Couple 1-year: 130,000 won
- Student 1-year: 30,000 won
- Individual lifetime: 900,000 won
- Couples lifetime: 1.3 million won
- Overseas 2-year: US$50 for 2 years
- Corporate membership: 400,000 won
Overseas membership dues for an individual or a couple are US$ 50 per 2 years or the equivalent in other currency. Membership dues can be paid via bank transfer or Paypal. Overseas members who are currently paid up receive a free copy of Transactions each year and are entitled to a discount on book purchases. Overseas members who visit Korea may enjoy full member privileges for one month before they are asked to upgrade to full standard membership.
Members of other RAS branches are welcomed as RAS Korea members during visits to Korea lasting up to month.
Annual corporate membership is available for 400,000 won.
If you are interested in becoming a corporate member, or would like more information about its opportunities/advantages, please refer to the membership link in the column to the left of this page.
Corporate Membership Benefits
- Logo on dedicated corporate members’ page of RAS Korea website
- RAS Korea members’ rate for all excursions (for up to five registered members)
- Up to 5 registered attendees free at any one lecture
- Free copy of annual journal Transactions
- Monthly emailed newsletters for all who wish to receive them
- Discounts on book purchases for up to 5 registered members
If you live in Korea, you can send your membership fees in Korean won via bank transfer to:
– Bank: Shinhan
– Account number: 100-026-383501
– Attn: RAS-KB
To pay membership fees from overseas via bank transfer, please send your money to:
– Swtftcode: SHBKKRSE
– Bank name: Shinhan Bank (Yonji-dong Branch)
– Bank address: 136-56 Yonji-dong, Chongno-ku, Seoul, South Korea
– Account Number: 100-026-383501
– Attn: RAS-KB
To join RAS Korea or to update your membership information, at the same time as you remit your dues please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching the RAS Korea membership application form or containing the following information:
- full name
- mailing address
- email address
- telephone number
- type of membership
- date and method of payment
We welcome new subscribers (you need not be a member) to our email newsletters. Subscribe to the RAS Korea Newsletter here.